Kitchens are the heart and soul of a restaurant owners business. It's what keeps customers coming back. However, with the hustle and bustle of day to day business there is a risk of fire. There is a greater risk of a restaurant fire than any other business type. Restaurant fire suppression systems are the first line of defense when a kitchen fire occurs. Much like a sprinkler system in a business, a suppression system quickly detects and reacts to a threat.
Cincinnati Safety offers a variety of options for kitchen suppression systems. Please call us today at 513-451-5001 so our Certified Technician can discuss what options are best for your restaurant. We also provide the semi annual inspection required by local and federal regulations.
According to NFPA, a restaurant owner should check the following every month and call us if there is any questions or concerns:
1. The extinguishing system is in its proper location.
2. The manual actuators are unobstructed.
3. The tamper indicators and seals are intact.
4. The maintenance tag or certificate is in place.
5. No obvious physical damage or condition exist that might prevent operation.
6. The pressure gauge(s), if provided, has been inspected physically or electronically to ensure it is in the operable range.
7. The nozzle blowoff caps, where provided, are intact and undamaged.
8. The hazard has not changed, including replacement, modification, and relocation of protected equipment.